Re-Elect Charles Curley for Wyoming GOP Secretary
I am a Precinct Committeeman, and State Committeeman. I was elected your State Party Secretary in 2015, and I now ask for your vote for re-election.
- I added the roll call to the minutes of the Central Committee, an aid to transparency.
- I designed, developed, and now maintain the manual for Wyoming GOP County Chairmen.
- I administered the web site before I was Secretary. I update the calendar of state and county GOP events, county contact list, state party meeting notices and minutes.
- I encourage the county parties to put their events on the state GOP web site.
- I run portions of the state convention IT: Since 2012, I have collated the county platforms, resolutions and bylaws proposals from the counties before the state convention and distribute them to the respective committees. Overnight, I collect the committee reports for the delegates. After the convention, I lay out the convention platform, resolutions and bylaws for Internet and printed distribution.
- One of my innovations is providing by email the state Platform, Resolutions and Bylaws committees their draft materials a week before they met, rather than on paper the morning of the committee’s first meeting.
- I encourage District Representatives and state party officers to attend county meetings and functions.
- I have made many more innovations that make our Party processes run more smoothly.
Republican Party Resume
- Active at all levels of grass roots politics since 1964, from precinct walker to the Republican National Committee.
- Vice Chairman, Hot Springs County GOP, 2010-11.
- State Committeeman, Hot Springs County GOP, 2011-12 and 2017-18.
- Chairman, Hot Springs County GOP, 2013-14.
- Wyoming GOP Executive Committee, 2011 to present.
- Wyoming GOP District Representative, District 5 (Big Horn, Hot Springs, Park and Washakie Counties), 2011-14. Attended multiple meetings and county conventions in all four counties in the district. Assisted the counties in various matters.
- Delegate or alternate to Wyoming GOP conventions, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014 and 2016. Platform Committee, 2008 and 2010 conventions.
- Served on the committee to revise the Platform, Resolutions and Bylaws process for the 2012 Wyoming GOP convention.
- Operations Committee, Wyoming GOP Convention, 2012, 2014.
- Webmaster/IT, Wyoming GOP, 2011 to present.
- National Conventions:
- Alternate Delegate, Republican National Convention, Tampa, August, 2012. Elected at State Convention.
- Delegate to the 2016 Republican National Convention in Cleveland. Member of the Committee on Permanent Organization. Observed the Platform and Rules Committees. Elected at State Convention.
- Carried proxies to the Republican National Committee Winter 2013 meeting, Charlotte, NC, and to the Winter 2014 meeting, Washington, DC. Attended the National Right to Life Rally while I was there. Guest at other RNC meetings.
- Grass roots. The Republican Party needs the grass roots far more than the grass roots need the Republican Party. It behooves both to remember this.
- 21st Century Secretary. My experience in IT, including technical writing, means I use 21st Century tools to do the job.
- Training. A major problem for volunteer organizations such as the Wyoming Republican Party is turnover. I favor training new people as they come in and move up in the organization.
- Attendance. I show up. I have been a regular at State Central Committee meetings since before I was elected State Central Committeeman. As District 5 Representative, I attend meetings, fund raisers, and county conventions in all four counties in the district. I show up routinely at Hot Springs County Central Committee meetings and events even when I don't have a party office. In March, 2017, I attended six county party election meetings.
- Innovation without disruption.
- Wyoming Liberty Group Board Member and policy analyst for Republic Free Choice, 2008 to 2016.
- 35 years experience as a software engineer, computer system administrator, and technical writer in the computer industry.
- Seven years experience in the film industry.
- Occasional cowboy and cow camp cookie.